Tuesday 15 July 2014

Spring Empties


I would call this June Empties but that would be a massive lie. I don’t go through products very quickly at all so this is just a collection of everything that I’ve remembered to save over the last few months. I’m hoping that I will have a few more empties to share with you over the next few months though as my super money saving drive is encouraging me to use up more of what I have!

I was never really a fan of Herbal Essences back in the day of the old style bottles (that coincidentally made a comeback last year) and it took me a while to give their new range the opportunity to impress (seven years actually, a very long while!). Over the last year or so I’ve dabbled in the world of revamped Herbal Essences and been relatively impressed considering I think of them as a ‘nothing special’ sort of brand. The Intensive Mask was great, I have very frizzy long hair so I actually used it every time I washed my hair and it was great for keeping the ends moisturised  and less ‘frizz-tastic’.
Would I repurchase? I would definitely consider this mask in future but I want to try out some other brands first as this is the first hair mask I’ve used in quite a long time.

I purchased this primer last year just after it launched. I did really like the primer and the finish it left was great for applying makeup or wearing alone. I was quite disappointed with the packaging though, the primer seemed to splatter out of the tube and end up everywhere and there was still a lot left in the tube when it seemed like I couldn’t get any more out (as you can see I chopped the top off to get the rest out!). I have seen this compare to Benefit’s Porefessional a lot and I can see why, but for some reason my skin really doesn’t get on with Porefessional so this is a much better choice for me.
Would I repurchase? Maybe. I think this is good value for money so potentially, but I have plenty of others to get through and if I have the money I think it’s worth investing in a more expensive primer.

I bought this when I was at a stage where I just couldn’t find a moisturiser that was really ‘right’ for my skin. It absorbed well and did the job and is great value for money but there was nothing amazing about it. If anything this was just too rich for my combination skin, I’m also not a massive fan of having this style of packaging, I much prefer a tube.
Would I repurchase? No, I’ve since found moisturisers much better suited to my skin.

Having not tried Bioderma I purchased this hoping that it would do a similar job at a much lower price. I found this perfect for removing makeup (although I can’t speak for waterproof mascara) and it was really gentle and perfect to use on eye makeup too.
Would I repurchase? No, I also cleanse with Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish so I just like a micellar water to get with of the majority of makeup. I’ve found that the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water is just as good and even cheaper.

I purchased this once I realised that the Eucerin Dermo Purifier Concentrate wasn’t as good as I’d hoped and I was really, really impressed. I prefer the slightly thicker texture of this and it made a massive difference to my previously spotty forehead and chin. I used this twice a day at first, and then once a day once things had cleared up, but this tube still seemed to go on and on.
Would I repurchase? Definitely, now replaced by Effaclar Duo [+] I would turn to that if I ever have spotty skin problems again.

I purchased this last year when in this haul when I went into Boots to buy Effaclar Duo but was persuaded otherwise by the Eurcerin offer and the Eucerin representative in store.  This is a lot thinner than Effaclar Duo and it was really nice to use but I just didn’t find the effects as impressive as with Effaclar Duo. This would be a good cheaper alternative to the new £15.50Effaclar Duo [+].
Would I repurchase? No, I’d rather spend a bit more for Effaclar Duo [+].

I absolutely adore this shampoo. It works wonders for my oily hair, giving it a really deep clean and leaving it feeling light, soft and silky. I used to just use this once every few washes because of the price tag, but it really does go a long way and the results are just too amazing to not treat myself to every wash, so now it’s a regular thing!
Would I repurchase? Yes! My last few pots have been gifts but I will definitely be treating myself when my latest pot runs out.

This was a gift from Russell and it was a perfect choice. Although not specifically for oily/combination skin, it is so calming and exfoliates and removes excess oil anyway. I really enjoyed using this and found that my skin felt wonderful afterwards.
Would I repurchase? Yes, once I’ve finished my Cupcake face mask and tried Love Lettuce.

Jade Rebecca x

2 comments:

  1. i adore LUSH big, i'm onto my 3rd or 4th tub of it

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. there's a cute Dahlia trench coat giveaway on my blog at the moment, click here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a great post !
    Really love it <3

    http://margarethaliong.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete