Monday 19 August 2013

Review: Soap & Glory Breakfast Scrub


As soon as I smelt the Soap & Glory Breakfast Scrub exfoliator I fell in love, it has an amazing sweet maple syrup oaty smell (if I didn't know better I would probably be tempted to eat it...). I've read some reviews that say the smell is too sickly sweet, I think that the sweetness is just right, but maybe I'm just an extra sweet kind of person!

Aside from the wonderful smell, the Breakfast Scrub has some other great features. We all know that exfoliators can be drying but the scrub contains shea butter, as well as all the scrubbing ingredients, which is a great moisturiser. There is also something really reassuring about how the scrub takes on a milky consistency when it is mixed with water, almost proof that it's hydrating as well as exfoliating the skin.


The scrub is really quite thick which gives it quite a luxurious feel and I much prefer the packaging to that of the cylinders of the other Soap & Glory scrubs. The bowl shaped pot contains 300ml and costs £8.00, it's not the cheapest body scrub but there are also plenty that are more expensive. One pot goes a long way as it lathers well for a scrub and I definitely think it is well worth the money.

I use the scrub around three times a week and I find it leaves my skin looking and feeling really soft. I sometimes think it would be great if the smell stayed for longer but it's probably a good thing that it doesn't as it's so distinctive that it would interfere with any other fragrances used.


I will definitely buy this again when it eventually runs out, it seems to be really moisturising and exfoliates well without being too harsh. I don't fake tan often, but if I do this is the perfect pre-tan exfoliator and the gorgeous smell makes up for the infamous fake tan scent.

This product has definitely reassured me that Soap & Glory isn't just about great smells and jazzy packaging!

What's your favourite Soap & Glory product?

x

8 comments:

  1. I'm really proud of you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a really nice product- to be honest I've barely tried any Soap and Glory products (apart from Bright Here Bright Now) but I really need a good exfoliator and a moisturising one would be perfect!

    Great review :)

    Rosie x
    http://itsalljustrosie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say I was pretty dubious about the quality of the bath products before I tried any, I was worried they just look and smelt lovely! I've got a body lotion as well, I haven't reviewed it as it's been discontinued but I'm really enjoying using that too :)

      x

      Delete
  3. I've had my eye on the soap and glory scrubs for a while now :)

    Megan xx
    www.meganroisinn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend Breakfast Scrub, I think it's the best smelling by far (but then I would say that...).

      x

      Delete
  4. I love soap and glory products <3

    http://mintsunday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I gave some a go, I can see myself getting a rather large collection now! Oopsie.

      x

      Delete